3D non-luminescent signs (aluminium, chrome-plated, mirrored, XPS styrodur)
If you do not need illuminated letters but would like your lettering or logo to be produced as 3D letters, we offer several options for such a solution.
One of the most popular solutions are 3D aluminium letters. The front (face) of a letter is made from cut aluminium sheet 2mm thick. The sides of the letters are made of a very durable aluminium tape 1.2mm thick, 20 – 160mm wide, machine bent (CNC) according to the shape of the logo or the cut of the letter. The entire letter (front and sides) are connected to each other with an internal adhesive bond The entire letter is painted in any colour chosen from the RAL palette. After spray-painting the sides and front form a single satin 3D solid, we are working on spray-painting the letters in chrome, nickel and mirror shiny effect. The back of the letter is made of 8-10 mm PVC.
A frequently chosen economical solution are the so-called styrodur letters or styrodur letters with a plexiglass face A letter made of styrodur (XPS – extruded polystyrene) is cut (milled) according to the vector shape of the logo or letter. The sides and face are spray-painted with acrylic and latex paints in any colour chosen from the RAL palette. Optionally, the front (face) of the letter is glued with colourless acrylic glass, 1.5-1.8 mm thick, covered with foil from inside or outside to achieve the customer’s desired effect (matt/gloss). In optional, we use gold/silver Plexiglas.
Styrodur is available in several basic thicknesses: 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 80, 100mm.
What distinguishes us from the competition:
- Aluminium letters have a very long lifespan in contrast to Styrodur.
- We cut out (mill) styrodur letters without cutting closed letter elements, which is typical for thermal plotters.
- The 1.5-1.8 mm Plexiglas we use is less visible when looking at the letter from the side and thus presents a better aesthetic impression. Optionally we use gold/silver Plexiglas for greater visual effect
- The attached paper template makes it easy to install on your own
- There is a possibility of mounting the letter on distances from the wall (at a distance of 2cm ~ 5cm)